[Interface-dev] setup failure

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 19:03:45 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:27:54 -0700, Mark Jaffe <markie at osafoundation.org> wrote:
> Repeated attempts building ZopeInterface-3.0.0b1 using debug mode have
> met with failure. On MacOS X and Linux, I have met with success by
> merely issuing the build command;

This is goodness!

> however on Windows (using the cygwin
> environment) I am presented with a failure in linking the extensions.
> On Windows, if I use the "--debug" option to build, I get the info
> display and nothing builds.

Ok, the --debug behavior is my fault, and I can fix that easily enough
with another release.  (The package support code in Support/ checks
for --debug; I'll change that so it doesn't interfere with the build
command's use of --debug.)  You should be able to make progress using
a hopefully-obvious change in the setup() method in the setup.py
module somewhere under the Support/ directory.

Sorry for the mess!

  -Fred

Zope Corporation