[Interface-dev] [Fwd: Re: Interfaces status and coordination]

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Thu Jun 3 15:24:20 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 06:38, Steve Alexander wrote:

> $ python -c "import this" | grep only
> There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.

I understand that, but even in only *my* use cases, there are four
separate "it"s.  I want to format methods for calling from the web,
provide schemas for database persistence, verify constraints on remote
method calls, and provide serialization instructions for remote method
calls.  While some of these sound the same, there are subtle differences
that require a variety of different hints to each system.  I don't yet
have enough experience with any of these systems to unify them, so I
think it would be premature to try to design a complete solution at this
point.

Currently any attempt to annotate an interface with extra information
results in a "zope.interface.exceptions.InvalidInterface: Concrete
attribute" error.  I would like to be able to get at the function
objects so at least I can annotate *them* with some information.