[Interface-dev] Re: Problems checking out zope.interface

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sat Jan 13 17:29:19 EST 2007

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:07:52 -0800 (PST), Grig Gheorghiu <grig at gheorghiu.net> wrote:
>I'm trying to check out zope.interface for one of the tests I'm running
>for Twisted in the Pybots project. I've been getting an error lately:
>
>[twistbot at concord tmp]$ svn co
>svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zope.interface/trunk zope.interface
>A  zope.interface/buildout.cfg
>A  zope.interface/CHANGES.txt
>A  zope.interface/setup.py
>A  zope.interface/src
>A  zope.interface/src/zope
>A  zope.interface/src/zope/__init__.py
>A  zope.interface/README.txt
> U zope.interface
>
>Fetching external item into 'zope.interface/src/zope/interface'
>Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
>svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
>
>Any ideas why this is happening?

Ick.  Apparently most of the source isn't actually at that SVN URL, but referenced by an svn external.  The URL the external points to is an svn+ssh URL, so anonymous access isn't possible. :/

I've never tried using zope.interface from svn myself, so I'm not sure if this is a long-standing issue or something recently introduced, or if there's some other preferred way to get the latest source.

I'm CC'ing the zope.interface list, hopefully someone else will have a good suggestion for what to do here.

>Grig

Jean-Paul