[Interface-dev] Re: Problems checking out zope.interface

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Jan 14 12:27:34 EST 2007

On Jan 13, 2007, at 5:29 PM, Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:07:52 -0800 (PST), Grig Gheorghiu
> <grig at gheorghiu.net> wrote:
>> I'm trying to check out zope.interface for one of the tests I'm
>> running
>> for Twisted in the Pybots project. I've been getting an error lately:
>>
>> [twistbot at concord tmp]$ svn co
>> svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zope.interface/trunk zope.interface
>> A  zope.interface/buildout.cfg
>> A  zope.interface/CHANGES.txt
>> A  zope.interface/setup.py
>> A  zope.interface/src
>> A  zope.interface/src/zope
>> A  zope.interface/src/zope/__init__.py
>> A  zope.interface/README.txt
>> U zope.interface
>>
>> Fetching external item into 'zope.interface/src/zope/interface'
>> Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
>> svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
>>
>> Any ideas why this is happening?
>
> Ick.  Apparently most of the source isn't actually at that SVN URL,
> but referenced by an svn external.  The URL the external points to
> is an svn+ssh URL, so anonymous access isn't possible. :/
>
> I've never tried using zope.interface from svn myself, so I'm not
> sure if this is a long-standing issue or something recently
> introduced, or if there's some other preferred way to get the
> latest source.
>
> I'm CC'ing the zope.interface list, hopefully someone else will
> have a good suggestion for what to do here.

Can you use a release rather than a checkout?

Alternatively, you could check out the package directly from:

   svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/interface

I do really hate externals. :)

When I have time, I think I'll reorganize the repository to:

- finally move the actual interface code from the Zope 3 project
   to the zope.interface project, and

- Add an svn: external in the Zope 3 project.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org