[Interface-dev] Decorator naming

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Tue Apr 7 20:58:24 EDT 2009

On 7 Apr, 11:58 am, steve at canonical.com wrote:
>Python 3 breaks things and removes things anyway.  This could be a
>great
>opportunity to remove something that makes the software more
>complicated, and isn't used, without the costs of deprecating it over
>many releases.

No.  Please read this:

The main point is in bold:

    "Don't change your APIs incompatibly when porting to Py3k."

Repeated again for emphasis:

    "Don't change your APIs at the same time as porting to Py3k!"

(In other words, I 100% agree with Lennart.  I don't mean to pick on
you, Steve, I just think it's very important that future readers of this
thread get referred to the relevant BDFL proclamation...)