[Interface-dev] Why not zope.fixres?

Thomas Lotze thomas at thomas-lotze.de
Thu Oct 15 13:05:34 EDT 2009

Lennart Regebro wrote:

> So I wonder: What was the reasoning behind this? Is there a problem in
> having fixers in a separate package? If not, I think that's the best
> option, and I'll remove it from zope.interface.

It was basically the feeling that putting fixers for all sorts of stuff in
a single zope.fixers package was like sorting books on your shelf by the
color of their spine. Less cutely speaking, the perceived problem was that
as soon as any of the packages for whose functionality a fixer exists
changes that functionality, zope.fixers would have to be updated as well.
Changing both the functionality in question and the fixer within one
package was deemed simpler and more elegant. Personally, I'm +0 on keeping
fixers in the respective packages.

--
Thomas