[Zconfig] Write support

Andy McKay andy at enfoldsystems.com
Fri Dec 3 15:01:07 EST 2004

> I've got the million dollar question: how should I go implementing write
> support in ZConfig? Tried to look at the code, but it's a bit long to follow.
> Googling around I found other people interested in such a feature, but no
> code whatsoever.

No idea :)

I'm currently mangling the file using string expressions. I chatted to
Chris M who had some idea about it. I was suggesting just throwing
ZConfig out and replacing it with XML that is read in by Zope for a
billion reasons ;) Chris M was trying to get me back on the ZConfig kool
aid :)

> When all fails, I could just loop on sections in a config object and write
> something ad hoc "from the outside", but maybe there's a better, and not too
> long way?

I'm not even going to commit to anything, but I need to solve the same
thing as well and would like to move beyond the hacks we have.
--
   Andy McKay
   Enfold Systems