[Zconfig] ZConfig example to configure a ZEO client

Willadsens aagg at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 08:58:46 EST 2005

>What does this mean? To use something like "zeoctl command"?

zeoctl seems to daemonize a process, which will come in handy on the
Windows side.

>In this case, you would need to look for the "runner" section
>of "zdaemon".
>
>For such a "daemon", I use the following configuration:
>
>%define LOG_BASE	$(env LOG_BASE,logs)
>
><runner>
>  daemon    true
>  program   to_be_overridden_by_command_line
>  socket-name   $LOG_BASE/checkindexer_zdsock
></runner>

The runner params are pretty neat. I am sure I'll need them in the future.

>The "$(env ...)" construct is a private extension to "zconfig"
>(posted to the mailing list, but almost surely not incorporated
>into the core). This means, it is not available for you.

Thank you for pointing this out.
My question was more basic than this, and not really pertaining to this
e-list. I just had no clue where to ask it.
My question is: How do I run a zeo client session purely from the
command line? "runzeo.py" is the command line server portion. The doc
implies that a client could also be run from the command line, feeding
in an XConfig parameter file. But it gives no more info. It is a mystery
from that point forward.

Thanks for your help!
Gloria