[ZDP] ZDP todo

Robert O'Connor Robert O'Connor" <bob@rocnet.com
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:58:27 -0400

A good todo list Rik !
Some comments:

*1---
> Unsolved question: are versions useful in a collaborative FAQ?

Well, what about software versions that the question applies to?

I would expect to first be greeted with questions that only apply
to the most current Zope  1.10.2.  But what about
question/answers that are only relavent to an older
Zope 1.9.2.

a) If the question still applies to all versions, maybe
there is the new answer to the current version then
at the end, a link to answers for older versions.

b) Some people continue to use old versions
for some time after the new release.  These answers
should continue to be available but somehow
separate so the water isn't muddied.

SO: do we need an optional "Field" that identifies the
software version?  (optional because some questions
apply to all versions)

*2---

> III- Different viewing options for the FAQ.
>   - A simple plain one,
>   - a full version that includes comments
>     contributor info etc
>   - a tree version similar to Amos

I love great search engines that FWINN
***"Find What I Need NOW !"***
So, I want to be able to type for example
"XML" and see a list of each FAQ Question/Answer
that contains "XML" in a linkable list.
Maybe the search list shows the question
and first line of the answer. ?

The search engine page could have choices
to search, Keywords, Questions, Answers,
Comments, or ALL of the above.

A typical user might read the whole FAQ early on
and later come back many times for a specific
answer to a question.  Where did I read that?

-Bob OConnor bob@rocnet.com