[ZDP] Re: [Zope] Giving up in frustration

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 00:33:23 +0200

Paul Everitt wrote:

> Joe wrote:
> > I believe the zope community is astoundingly good at
> > answering questions
> > intelligently, just bunches of questions can go unanswered and there
> > doesn't seem to be a faq good enough to eliminate the need for basic
> > questions.  Perhaps if we can translate some of the expounded list
> > knowledge into faq material, zope startup will be all that
> > much easier.
>
> This is one of the greatest tragedies of all.  Fantastic amounts of
> wisdom float by on the list every day and get lost.
>
> I suggest that this discussion is better served on the ZDP list
> (zdp@zope.org).
[agreed; this posted to zdp@zope.org]

I've tried to keep up and organize the FAQs from the wisdom on the list for
a while, but it's hard to keep up as I didn't have the right tools (or
perhaps I was just dumb and didn't use them right :). I did get quite big
FAQs rather quickly!

But the creation of the FAQ should be a collaborative activity; one person
cannot be the expert on everything, obviously.

The Portal Toolkit will definitely help, but perhaps not yet enough -- I
don't know enough about it to judge fully.

Now I'm going to bed and I *won't* read any more mail -- I just got fast
flat rate internet access into my home, and it's not good for my already bad
sleeping habits. :)

Regards,

Martijn