[ZDP] Lockup my Zope, please!

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 20:12:53 -0400

Amos Latteier wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> As you probably know we've been having some problems with lockups on the
> new zope.org. site.

Evil me apears to have locked it, or someone else doing something
competly different at the same time did.  I was editing a document with
the following DTML:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>

<dtml-with acl_users>
  <dtml-in user_name>
     <dtml-var sequence-item>
  </dtml-in>
</dtml-with>

<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

Zope locked up when I went to view this.  Although it is valid DTML the
really curious thing is that '<dtml-var user_name>' should have
generated an Attribute Error on 'acl_users' because the method is really
called 'user_names'.  It was one of my standard typos.  I never got to
see that error because the site aperead to lock up upon trying the view
this method.

-Michel

PS Amos, should I restart the server?