[ZDP] Re: giving up in frustration

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:03:07 +0200

At 00:55 17/08/99 , Timothy Grant wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>Just a quick comment on the situation experienced by Brad.
>
>I saw several people mention just how much information flows through
>these lists every day, I'm well aware of that, that is why my Zope
>folder has well over 1000 messages in it.
>
>One of the huge problems I see though is that the list archives are
>almost unsearchable. I can't count the number of times I have visited
>the archive and not gotten hits for things that I *know* existed in the
>list.
>
>I think a huge solution to this problem might be to move the archives
>from e groups to Deja.
>
>I use Deja regularly for all sorts of things, and it appears that they
>are willing to archive private lists, so would it be possible to get
>them to archive the Zope lists?

I am a huge fan of the latest version of Eudora Pro. Right now I have
practically _all_ email messages related to Zope in my mailfolders since I
joined the Zope list (about 10.000 messages) and I can search them anyway I
like.

Eudora Pro 4.2's new search interface lets me specify what folders to
search, and any combination of searches in headers, body, attachments, and
a host of other criteria, using full text search of regular expressions. It
is easily more powerful than any only service.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer