[ZDP] Announcement: Requirements, Active Members and Process

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:52:17 +0200

Stephan Richter wrote:

> WOW, after today's posting that I need more requirement entries, five more
> people (whose names you can see at my Zope page) send me requirements. Very
> cool. The requirements XML file is filling up now. BUT WE STILL NEED MORE! So
> do not be shy and send you requirements. It is a democracy, so use it and vote. :)

I'd say it's an anarchy (in the best sense of the word :). Anyway, of course
more requirements are good!

> I created also an Active Member List that will have a list of all the people
> who want to join the effort to write the Documentation Tools with the rest of
> us. Some of you mailed me already that you would be interested. Please check
> out my Zope site and see what I need from you to create a Member entry.
> Note: I published the XML file, so you can easiely get the format now. ;-)
> (Martijn, sorry I used your name, but I needed another entry for testing my
> code. :) )

Oh, I see I've been upgraded to XML expert! I'm not, actually; I was about a
month ahead of you perhaps, and you're catching up so quickly you'll
overtake me soon. You've created more types of XML documents than I have
already. :) Thanks for the positive evaluation, though!

> I will try to keep track of some general news from the mailing list and other
> activities. Whenever you have something to add just e-mail me your request.
> Yes Martijn, I will put the news in a XML file tomorrow. :) --> I just did not
> think it would be such a big deal.

Oh, it's no big deal with me either; I'm not insisting *everything* becomes
XML just yet. :)

> The last thing I did today was writing an XML file that will keep track of our
> process, project plan, milestones and tasks. It has not many entries yet, but
> the framework is there. I believe strongly in the Rational Unified Process, so
> you will see many parallels to it. I adjusted RUP a little to fit in our
> community model though.

I'll take a look. Thanks for all the work you've been doing so far!

Regards,

Martijn