[ZDP] Re: [ZDP] Réf. : [ZDP] Documentation Plans

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:11:07 +0200

kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com wrote:
> Do you intend to have platform specific didactic information like:
> - Zope integration with Apache
> - Zope integration with IIS
> - Zope integration with Netscape
> in the HOWTO format, within the Zope Administrator's Guide or in the FAQ
> format.

I'd say the HOWTO format may be the best way to start with this (moving to
the Zope Administrator's Guide later perhaps). The FAQ would then have
entries like 'Hey, how do I make Zope work with Apache?' and it'd point you
to the right documents. If there were later some new versions of Zope or
Apache that have special quirks that aren't described in that documentation
yet, the FAQ would be the first thing to be updated (and later on the docs
should, of course).

> To go in Martijn direction...
Wow! :)
[snip]
> ...I think the FAQ will be the good entry point for this kind of specific
> configuration docs, before being then included in the Zope Admin Guide
> after several additions/updates.

Yes, that's the basic idea:

FAQ -- most up to date, community managed, entry point to HOWTOs and guides
and references
HOWTOs -- quickly generated recipes
Guides/References -- more integrated and detailed, but may be slightly out
of date because of this

Regards,

Martijn