[ZDP] Re: Follow up: XML rendering question

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 17:10:54 +0200

Stephan Richter wrote:

> A follow up:
>
> I tried to modify your ZAML demo. Unfortunately all untagged content goes at
> one spot. For example:
>
> Outside paragraph
> Outside 2
>
> displays as
>
> Outside paragraph Outside 2
> inside paragraph

I don't understand; untagged content doesn't exist, right?

<foo>
This <bar>works</bar> like this.
</foo>

This is translated into this DOM tree:
         foo
      /   |  \
   "This" bar  "like this"

        "works"

Where the nodes between quotes are textnodes, and the 'foo' and 'bar'
node are element nodes.

Yes, but then you'd treat the content as plaintext, instead of nicely
converting it. My Zaml demo *does* show how I do it, I think? Look at
renderText.

Regards,

Martijn