[ZDP] Rendering for Quick Reference XML

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:22:46 +0200

Stephan Richter wrote:

> > Hm, the HTML output is starting to take a lot of time, this may be a
> > future concern with XML. We'll have to go look at XSL sometime to see if
> > that can be made faster. Amos, are you listening? What are your/DC's
> > ideas about integrating XSL with Zope?
> I agree. It's a 57K XML file. You wrote Jason about the XML parser for Python?
> Maybe we can use it for the XSL support.
>
> Martijn I also went away from using objectValues. I solved everything with the
> standard DOM methods (i hope they are all DOM methods) GetChildNodes,
> GetNodeType and GetNodeName. That allows a more flexible and consistent
> rendering. ;)

These are standard DOM methods. I'm trying this myself right now, but
I'm having trouble. What for instance, if you expect the first subnode
to be 'title'? Saying getChildNodes[0] doesn't work, as there may be
empty textnodes around still. How do you skip these?
objectValues('title') skips those automatically.

I should think some more. :)

Regards,

Martijn