[ZDP] reality check... painting yourself in a corner...

Jim Salmons salmons@sohodojo.com
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:05:27 -0500

Chris,

	You have identified the biggest obstacle to collaboration in your note.
Using Framemaker to create documents in today's world is like saying, 'We
use patented quills and parchment to write our documents.'

	Do DC and the ZOPE community a favor and ABANDON Framemaker with ALL DUE
HASTE. You DO NOT need it to do credible, portable documents.

	Time was when desktop publishing tools were a God-send. Now DTP has given
way to collaborative, low-tech, high-fidelity, open standards that make
Framemaker irrelevant.

	Hang in there Rik... it'll all work out, sooner or later.

	Speaking of provocation... check out this rant about what's wrong with Open
Source software: http://sohodojo.com/forums/Forum4/HTML/000005.html.

	Contrarian by nature,
	--Jim--

Jim Salmons and Timlynn Babitsky
   JFS Consulting, a North Carolina nanocorp
   http://jfsconsulting.com/home/nanocorp_welcome.html
   Our web businesses
		http://sohodojo.com
		http://squirrelfeeders.com