[ZDP] Joining ZDP ! - Starting a new project.

Emmanuel Rousselle eroussel@maestria.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 22:20:25 -0500

At 03:27 AM 12/16/99 +0100, Maik Roeder wrote:
>and therefore I would like to join the ZDP project. I have been
>exchanging some emails with Tom Deprez to see what kind of work
>has to be done to make ZDP project even more successful than it
>is today.
>
>Tom told me that it is hard to see what is going on in the project
>and especially who is working on what. So the first thing we could use
>would be some kind of a summary page of active members and with some
>information on what they are working on. He also suggested the creation
>of a draft object which gets some keywords to make it searchable.

Hello Maik,

To solve the problem of tracking everybody's work I suggest you have a look
at www.eproject.com as a temporary solution. It is a Web-based application
to manage projects. You can sign up and use it for free. I've played with
it a bit and it's not bad.

A more permanent solution could be implemented with Zope I guess. But using
www.eProject.com first could help define more precisely the functions
needed from such a tool.

--
Emmanuel Rousselle