[ZDP] ZDP-Tools update and table problem resolved.

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 13:45:31 +0100

Hi !

I have updated the ZClasses again. Now code reuse is better :-)
Some new features added, so have a look !

> *Does somebody knows of the problem in I.E 5.0 of 'table inside table' or
> table 'inside td cell'? Then the width becomes huge!
> How to solve this?

Apart from the fact that I had forgotten a closing TR tag, it turned
out that in the standard_html_header the opening tag
I changed it to: <td valign="TOP" width=100%>

> For your information: we already use a table in the standard_html_header
> which is closed in the standard_html_footer. This way we don't have to use
> frames.

The table is embedded in another table, so no problems should occur.

> Perhaps we should make use of frames... I guess everybody uses a
> frames-capable browser at the moment...
> Frames would also reduce the time of loading every page (and everytime the
> same menu-buttons)...

The buttons are loaded only once in the beginning. Then they come from the
cache.

> Do you've an idea on this?

I like it the way it is now.

>How many people use non-frames capable browsers?

Every brower supports frames, but generally frames are not very user
friendly, I think. Making links to a frame is not easily possible,
as far as I know.

> What do you mean with officially release DocumentFolder?

Package it up, and announce availability on the Zope page.

> It's already installed on the ZDP site, so you don't need access to the
> import directory.

Installing new versions by manually changing all that has changed
between versions is not an option now that DocumentFolder is getting
bigger.
I am not developing DocumentFolder online on the ZDP site. I have
a dialup connection to the Internet, so I first tried the changes
on my Zope installation, and then copied the changes over.

> However, I assume you need access to this directory for other purposes, then
> just contact brian brown (brian.brown@smawins.com). He maintains the server
> of the zdp:8080

Ok, thanks,

Maik