[ZDP] default location for writing files

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:23:06 +0200

At 01:17 23/06/99 , Adrian Graham wrote:
>I am currently working through "A Technical Introduction to Object
>Publishing with Zope" and unfortunately am having problems with the
>example code for saving visitors' comments to a text file (I've included
>the example code below). It isn't clear to me is where the file
>"feedback_data" is being written if no explicit path is given (It
>doesn't appear to be the same directory as the Python code). Since I do
>not know where this file is located (or will be located) I don't know
>where I should set the permissions to give write access to the Zope user
>-- therefore the program doesn't work.
>
>Any clarifications would be greatly appreciated.

Hmm.. arbitrarily opening a file when you do not know the current working
directory is not a wise thing to do. Different webservers and different
operating systems give different defaults. Always supply a full path when
accessing files from web apps.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer