[ZDP] Re: Structured Text in Vars/DTML Methods

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:07:19 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Martijn Pieters wrote:

> HTML escaped, all other text is taken as is, exactly as it should be. You
> could then use arbitrary HTML in your text (outside example blocks) to get
> special effects like tables and links. Please use it.

I don't think HTML outside example blocks is a good idea. It will make it
difficult to generate other formats like latex->pdf etc. But you are right
in that Structured-Text should be the default.

> BTW, why does your FAQ DTD support multiple QUESTION and ANSWER tags? How
> do you know which answer goes with which question? I don't think assuming
> that if one follows the other they belong together.
>
> I am asking this because I think we should also support unanswered
> questions. So maybe the structure should be:

Unanswered questions are already suppported, and yes if an answer follows
a question they are grouped together. I really wanted to provide a simple
clear way of submitting FAQ entries through e-mail and not a full blown
DTD for FAQs. But maybe we should design a better DTD.

A few questions/comments:

> Eg. your DTD would be:
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE faq [
>   <!ELEMENT faq (entry*)>
>   <!ELEMENT entry (section, question, answer?, author?, email?, submitted?)>
>
>   <!ELEMENT section   (#PCDATA)>
>   <!ELEMENT question  (#PCDATA)>
>   <!ELEMENT answer    (#PCDATA)>
>   <!ELEMENT author    (#PCDATA)>
>   <!ELEMENT email     (#PCDATA)>
>   <!ELEMENT submitted (#PCDATA)>
>
>   <!ATTLIST answer
> 	fmt CDATA "structured-text">
> ]>

A section should support multiple questions
Maybe we should make author,e-mail and submitted attributes to the
elements answer and question. Let me know what you think before I start
hacking.

Pavlos