[ZDP] FAQ Tool Working Group

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 19:15:47 +0100

David Ascher wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip stuff about SGMLtools]
> FYI, SMGLtools isn't close to running on Win32, according to Cees.

I must admit I even had trouble installing it on my Linux RedHat 5.0
system at home; I had to work around some weird compiler errors.
SGMLtools is a biiig package.

> My vote is for XML as well, if anyone cares =).  I've used STX quite a
> bit, and it's too imprecise for many cases.  It's a nice hack, but IMHO
> it's just a hack.  There are many things one wants to do with STX which
> one simply can't do.  Also, it's hard to modify.

I suppose that's true. I intend to use the STX hack (which *is* nice)
until something better is developed, and that something better could be
an XML based system. Note that there already *is* an XML based Zope FAQ
system out there (something went wrong with its publicity, I think; I
found the page only today :). See:

http://www.gaaros.com:9673/FAQ/index_html

So that'd be a great foundation to build on. It even has yesterday's
version of the FAQ in it!

Regards,

Martijn