[ZDP] Re: Resent: FAQ Tool Working Group

Martijn Pieters mj@atmm.nl
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 13:14:08 +0100

At 12:51 10/03/99 , Robert OConnor wrote:
>Hi Martijn,

The FAQ site is an initiative of Pavlos Christoforou
<pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu>, Martijn Faassen can't help you I think..

>I just uploaded this faq and it didn't quite work
>as I had intended (See end of below link)
>
>http://www.gaaros.com:9673/FAQ/S49676594
>
>I added the following what I though was structured
>text:
>
>*---Copy
>
><?xml version="1.0"?>
><faq>
><entry>
><section>DTML</section>
><question>How do I *name* the *blank* root folder?  Like *Plutonia* in Zope
>Managers Guide</question>

Questions are default html-quoted, not structured text. If you want it to
be ST, you should add a fmt="structured-text" attribute to the question tag.

><author>Bob OConnor</author>
><email>bob@rocnet.com</email>
>
><answer>This blank rooot folder is the same folder that is named
>*Plutonia* in the Zope manager's guide.
>
>Right now you can't rename this folder. And you don't need to. The
>*name* of the root folder is simply the SCRIPT_NAME your webserver
>uses to access Zope. By default in ZServer and ZopeHTTPServer this
>is an empty string, since they both normally server one published
>module, though they both can server multiple published modules.
>
>So, you can give your root folder a title, but you can't use Zope
>to change how your web server calls Zope. Do this with your
>webserver. In the case of ZServer, check out the zope_handler.py,
>it has options to set the SCRIPT_NAME. ZopeHTTPServer also has
>options to set the SCRIPT_NAME with command line arguments.
>
>Perhaps the docs should be updated. The manager's guide probably
>assumes that you're using PCGI, but it shouldn't make this
>assumption.
>
>Here is a set of rules for Apache:
>
> '# Zope configuration maps /Zope/ to the Zope.cgi CGI script '
> 'RewriteEngine on '
> 'RewriteRule ^/Plutonia/(.*) /Zope/$1 [e=SCRIPT_NAME:Plutonia] '
> 'RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*) '
> 'RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*) /usr/local/apache/share/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/$1
>[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l] '
>
>Maybe the SCRIPT_NAME can be added into the Zope RewriteRule...
>
>*NOTE:* The Manager's Guide (Docrev 1.1,1999/01/20 13:13:17 Zope v 1.9)
>will eventually be updated and this FAQ may then not be necessary.
>
></answer>
></entry>
></faq>
>
>*---End Copy
>
>Problem with the posted text is that everything
>wrapped together perhaps I should have used
>an HTML editor?? like NS composer?
>
>Also, I used single quote to isolate program code.  This
>also didn't work.

Seeing the amount of data for your FAQ entry, you should probably use <![CDATA[
]]> around your answer.

Pavlos's site is really quite experimental still, and is still under
development. In the future, there will be an official ZDP site, that will
probably use Pavlos' efforts. Your entries are best sent to the ZDP list
for inclusion into the FAQ. Martijn Faassen can tell you more about this.

--
M.J. Pieters, Web Developer