[ZDP] Re: [Zope] object modification date - how ?

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:50:21 -0500

> Okay, I'll add it. This raises the interesting question which section
> this belongs in, though (DTML? External Methods? Built-in products?).
My
> categorization seems to be breaking down. General point to discuss for
> the ZDP:

I don't know if this fits into the scheme that you all are heading
towards, but i have to say - hierarchies are good for views into data,
but not for the underlying data organization.  True hierarchical data
structures are too limited - you can't have stuff situated in multiple
places.  I'd expect it better to go with something like sets of keywords
for identifying where an item belongs in the hierarchy, and use a preset
hierarchy to organize the presentation.

Ken
klm@digicool.com