[ZDP] Re: [Zope] object modification date - how ?

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:16:10 -0500

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 06:01:38PM -0500, Pavlos Christoforou wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Christopher Petrilli wrote:
>
> [Christofer provides plenty of good suggestions but time-consuming to
> implemenmt]
> >
> > 	* 1 XML "document" per FAQ item, it should be "standalone"
> > 	* Sections are built dynamically by traversing lower tree
> > 	  structure looking for matching documents.
> >
> > 	* Folder
> > 		* Question document
> > 		* Answer document
>
> We might as well go all the way and have questions and answers be
> indepentent of each other. Each question and answer would then contain
> info about their relationship with other
> questions,answers,sections,contributors,difficulty level etc. You could
> then do cool stuff (and novel as far as FAQ's are concerned) like, for
> instance, displaying all relevant questions to a given answer that have a
> certain difficulty level.

Well, I'm of two minds... I like XML because it's portable and "trendy"
and gets more attention because of that... but it's also sub-optimal as
an original format, and better suited as an interchange format, in my
ever so humble opinion.

Another idea (yes I'm full of this crap)...

a FAQ item which contains the following information:

	* Multiple-choice keywords [1]
	* Difficulty level
	* Question
	* Answer
	* Comments (contributors)

[1] This would be "auto-generated" based on a document elsewhere in the
hierarchy.

If I get the chance, I'll try and develop what I'm talking about so that
others can see this.  It should pretty easily map to XML, with the tree
determined by standard Zope folders.  This is probably half-way to what
we're talking about, but a lot more doable.

> Hmm ... I actually like this.

That's scary, it's obviously contagious, someone call the CDC ;-0

Chris