[ZDP] Re: [Zope] object modification date - how ?

F.G. Hoekstra hoekstra@fsw.fsw.leidenuniv.nl
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:10:41 +0100

It seems to me there would be justification for putting many of
the questions and answers in different categories. And FAQs
are often less then optimally structured. Speaking from my own
experience, a FAQ serves different purposes:
- sometimes you just can't remember a particular syntax or method and
want to look that up.
- sometimes you want to solve a simple problem
and want to see a cookbook or howto
- sometimes (especially with a new product like Zope) you are
looking for a way to solve the organization of a site and you need
ideas and sources of inspiration
- sometimes ... (and so on )

Probably all types of structuring would apply to one area or another.
Would not Zope help to solve this question and allow for different
FAQ organizations (one for DTML, External Methods etc, one by Z
areas, one for beginners etc etc), where answers would apply for different
questions. IMHO a FAQ is crying for a 'Webbed' approach which means you will
have to 'isolate' questions and answers, and Zope provides the means to
present this in a nice way.

Well, no solutions, just complicating things.

Rik Hoekstra