[ZDP] Some Zope tutorial text

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 14 May 1999 18:22:55 +0200

Rik Hoekstra wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 May 1999, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> >
> > > on to the actual implementation of CoolFAQ. How do we get started with
> > > implementation? We have all the pieces...
>
> Uhh, is that documentation pieces or technical pieces?

Technical pieces. ZTables, a site, design info, people, etc. :) Well,
technically speaking people aren't technical. The idea is that we make
the tool to make the collaborative management of all this documentation
(at least FAQs) easier.

Now we only need to start!

[Rik wrote:]
> Let's divide tasks then. People _have_ been doing different
> things anyway. As far as I can see both documentation and CoolFaq
> have some sort of a todo list. In what parts do they interfere? Any
> thoughts what should be sorted out. And who is going to do what. This
> is relevant for the documentation effort, but even more for coding I
> would say.
>
> Martijn mentioned a librarian/documentation mapper. I
> will be one, if needed be. Just let start coordinating and
> consolidating things a bit.
> Proposals anyone?

Cool! I proposed earlier we use the list for communication on librarian
matters, but it'd be good if someone did the responding to the things we
have consensus about, and handled things like 'please put my docs on the
site' requests that don't get handled because everybody thinks someone
else will.

I agree on the consolitation and coordination phase; we apply our
experience later to a more formal structure such as a CoolDoc framework.
We base the CoolDoc framework (at least the design and probably parts of
the implementation) on CoolFAQ which is right now further along that way
(unless it turns out the reverse is more practical).

Mail me (or Pavlos or various people by now for that matter) if you want
a login on the ZDP site. Perhaps coordinate with Craig (through the ZDP
list so we can see please?), who is working on providing a structure. He
has access to the ZDP site now too.

It's very nice to see there are so many volunteers, by the way! It seems
open source is doing its work. :)

Regards,

Martijn