[ZDP] sdf/simpledoc ?

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
14 May 1999 10:59:54 -0700

Martijn Faassen <faassen@vet.uu.nl> writes:
> I'm not sure if it's suitable. The nice thing about StructuredText is
> that it's text content without virtually *any* non textual information
> in the sources. This limits it, but it makes it very handy.

Yes, I like StructuredText for that reason. It's very easy on the
brain, so you can concentrate on writing content.

It seems to me that SDF shares this good property, though as you say
there is a little more markup. You don't have to use the extra markup
of course. Yet it's available, so you could eg include hyperlinks if
you wanted.

Ideally, a content author could use whichever representation is most
efficient for the work at hand - plain text, StructuredText, SDF,
XML.. - and it gets transformed into the ZDP's canonical format.

I'm not advocating SDF for the ZDP at this point.. but the simplicity
and the many output formats are attractive.

I'd really like to check out what's happening with the successor,
SimpleDoc, but I see no archive for their mailing list..

-Simon