[ZDP] Zope hierarchy

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 19 May 1999 17:14:16 +0200

Tom Deprez wrote:

[Michel Pelletier warns Tom for internal complexities -- better focus on
user docs first]

> Yes, I know internal Zope is complex. Especially if you've never seen
> Python.

Even if you're seen Python it's complex, I can assure you. Python is a
very dynamic language, and generally very easy to read, but Zope
exploits some aspects of this dynamism to the max, and introduces some
concepts unfamiliar to most programmers (such as Acquisition).

> I try to form an easy understanding of Zope for beginners (like me). When I
> openend Zope, I saw lots of products, like ZSQL Methods etc which I can add
> etc. I played around with them, but what I missed is how they interact with
> each other. And it's this I want to show in some of schematic overview. Same
> with Z Framework.... I can't fully get a grip around the ZFramework, ...
> when does ZFramework comes into play, etc.

Yes, I agree with Tom that to be able to show a very clear picture of
Zope for beginners an understanding of the guts of Zope can be very
useful. It's the Zen thing again -- to present a clear and correct
picture for utter beginners, deep understanding may be necessary.

Of course such deep understanding is indeed a big project. :)

Regards,

Martijn