[ZDP] REVIEW: Proposed Zope Developer's Guide Outline

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Thu, 20 May 1999 10:38:12 -0500

At 04:40 PM 5/20/99 +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>Amos Latteier wrote:
[snip]
>The question now is how we can avoid duplicating efforts. We don't, for
>instance, want to spend time categorizing Zope topics if you are doing
>it too. We need to figure out (which is partially why you asked in the
>first place) how to best coordinate our efforts. Some issues:
>
>* we're volunteers, don't have deadlines, don't get paid, are lazy and
>prefer not doing a thing. So we don't particularly guarantee any
>documentation.
>
>* We are here so we're inclined to do something, though. We must be
>nice. :)
>
>* We won't do it however if other people are doing it anyway. :)
>
>This isn't an ultimatum or something, just an observation. This is why
>Amos needs to figure out what he'll not do and what we should do (and
>vice versa we should help him figure it out). Do any of the
>doc-categorizer-librarian types have suggestions? They are more informed
>on the details than I am.

I'll agree with this to a large extent.

I would like to see the ZDP pull up alongside of DC and fill in the gaps.
If we could have some idea what documentation for them is lowest on their
priorities then we can know what best could be our priorities. They can
take the priority list and work top down and we can work bottom up. This
way when we meet the documentation is complete and little duplicate effort
has been made.

Just some thoughts.

Jimmie Houchin