[ZDP] (Fwd) Re: [ZDP] REVIEW: Proposed Zope Developer's Guide Outlin

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@village.uunet.be
Thu, 20 May 1999 23:23:57 +0200

: Agreed!
: I think the ZDP should provide example DTML, which are also viewable
: at the spot. In this way people could go to the site with a vague
: idea like I want to make a tree, but I do not quite know whether
: that's possible, and if it's possible, how do I accomplish it. They
: see the examples on the side and think: this is exactly (or
: approximately) what I want.  Or I want something from this and
: something from that. Needless to say the examples should have more
: than one way to access them (from the FAQ, from regular tutorials,
: from the reference etc). This means however, that ideally the
: examples should explore all features of the feature they describe.

Further thinking on what Michel has previous said about examples (i.e. to
make some real life examples). I like this idea and have lots of toughts,
but I was also thinking on another way to give examples (besides this one).

For example. A person needs a to solve a certain problem. From ZDP we refer
him to a descision tree. This means that on every level a question is asked
about the problem. Depeding on his answer (yes/no), other questions appear,
until the problem is known and a proposal is given....

I know a nice idea, but perhaps too difficult to implement...

Tom.