[ZDP] Update ZDP

Howard Clinton Shaw III shawh@sths.org
Thu, 27 May 1999 14:15:24 -0500

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Tom Deprez wrote:
> : Why not create an external method that takes the unparsed DTML or
> structured text and
> : uses regular expressions to replace the '<' and '>' characters with the
> escaped HTML versions -
> : &lt; and &gt;? Then you wouldn't need to use <pre> tags, and it wouldn't
> expand beyond : all reasonable bounds.
>
> 1) At the moment, I'm too stupid to create an external method... I'm just
> leaning Zope, and I don't know anything about Python. Would you like to make
> it and explain how things work? (This would be great to put in a tutorial
> later :-))
>
> 2) What about the spaces? convert them to &nbsp ?
>
> 3) the other problem is this :
>
> <!--#var blablablabla(49343, blabla) --> could be wrapped to
>
> <!--#var blablablabla(49
> 343, blabla) -->
>
> which makes it difficult to read... (is what I think)
>
> Tom.

Afraid I've got a bit too much on my plate just now. Was hoping one of your Martijns could
pick up the suggestion and run with it. I am busy rewriting lxtimeclock in Python. We should
be releasing a working version to Freshmeat sometime in the next two weeks. The code is complete
and working, I just need to finish cleaning up and documenting and get it packaged for installation.