[ZDP] Zope Features doc

Tom Deprez Tom.Deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon, 31 May 1999 11:05:31 +0200

[Brian]
>i'm all for making tutorials and beginner's guides.  however, as you
>say, there are many old topics which are well covered in the existing
>Zope documentation - on the other hand, there are still a lot of
>undocumented features, new features which have been added with Zope 2,
>and also many other Zope secrets which are well explained in the Zope
>source code but are not available anywhere as documents.  wouldn't
>covering these until-now-undocumented areas be a better use of
>resources?
[Tom]
yes, this is a good idea. Dig ourselfs inside the source-code.
Like Martijn did with it's #tree information.
Problem is I don't know anything of Python, so this is not something I can do.
Other problem is to find a good way to make this information available in a
standard way. i.e. So that the docs are still useful. Maybe I can help
people with this. I will try to find a way.
Also DC is making all there sources UML compatible.
So, eventually all sources will be nice explained. Source and Doc on the
same time, like DC says. Wonderful! I think I wait on these docs before I
go and summarize things in one book if I do it (that is give a quick
overview of the possible things and then refer to DC docs), because I'm not
sure people are waiting on this and I've the time for doing it.

Pfffw... it's quiet on the list these days.... is it vacation already? :-)

Tom.