[ZDP] Fwd: [Zope] O'Reilly to publish Zope Book

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@village.uunet.be
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:40:57 +0100

> Tom Deprez wrote:
> >
> > I think that at ZDP, we can give a hand , or an arm, foot, leg :-)
>
> I'm counting on it.

Introduction and newbies, that's where I can help :-)

> > Oh boy, too much publishers and nothing yet to show :-(
>
> I think the ZDP should produce a seperate book by a different
> publisher.  The more Zope books, the better.  The O'Reilly book is
> planned to be introductory and tutorial oriented, perhaps it would be
> good for a second book to cover more advanced topics, or specificly
> aimed toward a certain advanced task, like web application programming.
> The existing references, how-tos, and guides can be great filler
> material for a book like this.
>
> If New Riders publishes a second Zope book, I have volunteered to be a
> reviewer for the material.  If the ZDP chooses to write this book
> (better jump on it soon before someone else does!) then I will happilly
> contribute a few hours of my time every week to review technical
> accuracy.

I don't think ZDP (at least I) is going to miss this chance.
I agree, we've to talk to a publisher. The problem at the moment is the
person who's going to be the 'middle' man.
And the stuff we've right now. That's not much!
(I don't know, if we've to wait for chosing the 'middle' man, before we've
some more stuff. I think it's this person task to provide the publisher with
the information we have now and the goal. After they agree what will be in
or not, it's his/her task to bring the results to ZDP and try to devide the
tasks)

Great that you're willing to be a reviewer! Thanks for the support.
This helps us already someway further

Tom.