[ZDP] Zope Book

Dody Gunawinata dody_g@eles.com
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 11:18:22 +0100

> Ok, I replied to Jim.
>
> About 'middle' man. Well, the problem is that this person has lots of
> responsibility. What if he accepts a certain publisher and the deal is
> made, then after a while, nobody wants to write anymore! Duh! He/She's the
> peanut! He or She can start writing the whole book!

A guide to Zope by peanuts..:0)

No, this is an open publication project, anyone can always pick it up
and carry on. By the way, you don't have to guarantee your house for the
success of this project if we made the deal. If this fails, it won't be
the sole responsibility of yours, but of all of us. I think the
publisher would realise this.

> That's why I said, I only want to be this person, when I'm sure, people at
> the moment are certain to help ZBook grow in the future (ie. I need to be
> sure, they have some free time to do this work!). Otherwise we've wasted
> all of our times, the publishers and ours.

It's a real risk. But really, nothing is guaranteed. Look it this way,
we have wasted enough time up until now if we stop. Time wasted and no
result at all. Stick with the project, we might made it. Everybody is
taking a risk being involved with ZBook, a risk of failure. But this is
a project worth pursuing.

Ask Kamon and Rik, you might have three people with you.

dody