[ZDP] RFD: "Zope Snippets"

Thu, 04 Nov 1999 20:30:20 +1100

>>> Dody Gunawinata wrote
> > Is it worth considering something in ZDP for storing these useful little
> > nuggets of code? They're not _really_ a pattern in the strictest sense
> > of the word, more just a little "way to do something".
> Yes, would you like to start a project for it ? Many people would
> benefit from this.

I'm happy to - but first I'd like to discuss _how_ it should work.

Just throwing pieces of bare code in a folder isn't very useful. :)

What sorts of things need to be stored with it? A list of keywords
(chosen from a listbox?) A title? Should there be some sort of review
process, or can anyone just throw them up (so to speak)? Would it be
the sort of thing that should go on www.zope.org as a new type of object?

Anthony