[ZDP] RFD: "Zope Snippets"

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 10:51:48 +0100

Anthony Baxter wrote:
[zope snippets]

> I'm happy to - but first I'd like to discuss _how_ it should work.
>
> Just throwing pieces of bare code in a folder isn't very useful. :)
>
> What sorts of things need to be stored with it? A list of keywords
> (chosen from a listbox?) A title? Should there be some sort of review
> process, or can anyone just throw them up (so to speak)?

This is getting close to a HOWTO, I imagine, but some text describing
what it does and how it does it would be nice. The focus here should be
on the DTML code (or possibly Python code), though. What would be nice
is 'instant demos'. That is, you have a code snippet, a demo
demonstrating it, and an explanation/description. The demos are what
sucks a lot of people in.

> Would it be
> the sort of thing that should go on www.zope.org as a new type of object?

That would be another alternative, but I imagine people were thinking
about the (new?) ZDP site for now.

Regards,

Martijn