[ZDP] RFD: "Zope Snippets"

Thu, 04 Nov 1999 21:14:01 +1100

>>> Rik Hoekstra wrote
> Perhaps in a FAQ-ish format/snippet repository? How do I...? Can Zope
> do... Perhaps the old ZDP thoughts about the CoolFaq design (much
> simplified) could be of use? Using keywords would make them easily
> accessible and indexable from a ZCatalog.

To be honest, I can see a lot of the use being more just as something
you browse. The absolute best way to acquire (not Acquire) ZopeZen(tm)
is through small simple examples that illustrate a single thing. Well,
IMHO, anyway.

Zope programming really is _very_ different to anything else I've ever
been exposed to - this results in a whole different set of patterns and
basic ways to do stuff.

> And, yes, I think reviewing would be a good idea, especially as
> everyone could post snippets. Faulty code, or two different answers
> to the same question (but different) are (obviously) more confusing
> than enlightening.

Yah.