[ZDP] Re: ZDP digest, Vol 1 #125 - 2 msgs

Dody Gunawinata dody_g@eles.com
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:23:21 +1000

The plan.

Read this, and you'll know why ZDP is really important.
The messages are only 2 days old.

http://www.egroups.com/group/zope/13694.html?
http://www.egroups.com/group/zope/13524.html?
http://www.egroups.com/group/zope/13505.html?

So writers, pack up your pens and start writing.

Some parts, especially the beginner part should be delayed, until we
heard from Tom.

Due to technical reasons, Militancy has to be removed from the ZCL :)

This is another attempt to get all the *targets* in a common list.
Please feel free to modify it.

And please say which part do you want to have a crack on..

And if you do, please write the document in STRUCTURED TEXT format, so
you don't have to worry
about those pesky HTML. Dont' worry about whether we will use XML or
whatever at this point. Other wizards
in this list would do it for us, the writers. We cannot have ourselves
worry about it at this point.

(Latest note: I'm running out of time in my office..I'll expand this
tomorrow, but please feel free to modify this.
I'm waitin' for your replies tomorrow)

Would anyone take care of the ZDP site at www.zope.org (Simon ?)

ZBooks Content Library (ZCL) Revision 2.

(Ripped of from Kamon's TOC)
Installation (step by step)
      Zope installation directory structure
           Important config files

      Platform Specific
  	   Win 95/NT/ISS)  (Taken by Kamon)
		- System requirements
  		- Specific Server configuration
 		- ZServer
		- Virtual servers with Zope

 	   Linux
		- System requirements
		- Apache
		- ZServer
		- Virtual servers with Zope

(Notice that the approach here is per platform. Writers then can pick
this installation topics for each platform.)

Briefs on the management console (Just simple)
  - Creating Folders.
  - Inserting Image, File, DTML methods, DTML Documents.
  - Properties.
  - Undo.

(Don't worry about usr folder, security, etc. Keep the reader focused on
DTML first.)

Essential parts:
(Use only Zope2 style tags <dtml->)

- DTML
  (this is the most important, and the largest)
  - <dtml- var>
	(essential)
	- Introduction, Explaination (Limited), Pointer to ZQR.
	- Pass and use value over URL
		- Examples
	- Pass and use value by forms.
		- Examples
	- Pass and use cookies.
	- Inserting other files.
		- Get files information
	- Inserting image.
		- Get image information
	- Using special _ object.
	- Using structured text.
		- What is structured text.
		- Give example.
		- Refer to Structured text reference (ZQR in appendix).
	- Redirection

	(skip if beginner)
	- Call external methods
	- Accessing products.