[ZDP] I'm baack!

Eron Lloyd woodsage@op.net
Sun, 06 Feb 2000 20:27:37 -0500

Hello, ZDP members! I enlisted myself before the holidays to your
efforts, and now I have time to contribute. I planned on writing a
"Building a Website With Zope for Dummies" type tutorial, starting with
the very basics of installing Zope all the way to making all the content
searchable. Then I realized how much I DON'T have a clue about, so
decided to start by slowly documenting simple Zope techniques, like
displaying images, creating links, and using and generating tables, that
need some direction when confronted by the "old-style" web publishers
that are only used to HTML. From these mini "how-tos", I'd like to start
building the tutorial on how to create a dynamic Zope site from scratch.
Whaddya think? Realize now, that I'm as newbie as it gets :-), so I am
hoping to channel this ignorance into useful thinking, creating common
questions and hopefully finding my answers. I'll probably need a lot of
help, but I think this could become an indespensible guide to learning
the "ropes of Zope".

Give me some feedback,

Eron