[ZDP] ZDP-Tools - New Draft Submission Folder and Project Folder

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Wed, 05 Jan 2000 04:59:28 +0100

Hi ZDP folks !

I have implemented the following ZCLasses:

DraftSubmissionFolder
Draft
ProjectFolder
Project

If you find there are things you would like to have implemented differently,
then please don't hesitate to hack the ZDP-Tools in a Session, and send
me a list of all the changes you have made. I know there are many things
to add, and all is not yet perfect, but you can change that !

I am actually working live on the ZDP-Tools on-site, so the version you
see on the ZDP-Tools site is always up-to-date. Whenever I update the
ZDP-Tools, I export the Documenfolder Product, and install it at home
to test it. You can do this too, and when you have changed something
then maybe put the details into the DraftSubmissionFolder of ZDP-Tools.

People who have not yet got their own Member Folder, are encouraged
to create one. Go to the address

http://zdp.zope.org:8080/ZDP/members/manage

and add a ZClass "Member" to the folder.

If you don't have time to start hacking the ZDP-Tools, then I would like you
to have a look at them in action.

http://zdp.zope.org:8080/ZDP/projects/zdptools/

Maybe this will inspire you to take a section of the ZDP site, for which
you are responsible and turn it into a ProjectFolder or Project. Then
you could add DraftSubmissionFolders and many more benefits will follow
like CommentFolders, FAQ Folders, HOWTO Folders and what not ;-)

If you need a Document Type of another type, for example a Snippet Folder,
then you can easily add a ZCLass for it. Just have a look at the Implementation
Draft of the ZDP-Tools, where I give a step by step description of how I have
created every ZClass, and also ZClasses that are not yet on the ZDP site,
but are implemented on "paper".

http://zdp.zope.org:8080/ZDP/projects/zdptools/Drafts/Implementation

Things are starting to get into shape, so maybe this is a time for some
interested people to take over a part of the ZDP-Tools, and help to
speed things up. For this, you don't really need to program an awful
lot, and there are also  enough other things to do like putting the
existing information of the ZDP site into the new hull of ZClasses.

> What I thought of FAQ was the following : A person can ask a question on a
> certain problem he has. Readers then can give comments. A comment which
> gives a good solution is taken as the answer and the FAQ is closed.

Good. I'll implement that in the next days if no one volunteers.

> Searching on FAQ gives the questions and answers. If the searcher wants to
> read more, he can read the comments in between.... Thus FAQ is something
> which needs less maintenance. Only some removal of rubbish etc...

A lightweight FAQ so to speak.

Happy hacking,

Maik