[ZDP] Tom's drafts / ZCL

kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:45:42 +0100

Hi Tom,

With your drafts already available, now we are obliged to fix at least the
2nd level of the ZCL structure.
I propose that I consolidate the ZCL with the following inputs from you
with my remarks below.

I  A Web Application Platform: Introducing Zope

I.1 Introduction
I.2. A Web Application Platform
I.3 Zope as a web application platform
    I.3.1 Scripting Languages
    I.3.2 Object Oriented Scripting Languages
    I.3.3 Growing to a Web Application Platform
I.4 Looking at Zope
I.5 First impression

II The Power of Zope: It's Zen, it's architecture, it's components

II.1 Release the Power of Zope
II.2 Zen of Object Publishing
     II.2.1 Object Publishing
     II.2.2 Zen of Acquisition
     II.2.3 Zen of Objects
II.3 Architecture
II.4 The Different Layers
     II.4.1 Zope Server
     II.4.2 Zope Publisher
     II.4.3 Zope Object Request Broker
     II.4.4 Zope Object Database

>>> Then we need other chapters for Zope Object Model and Acquisition.
"Changing context in Zope" from Rik is candidate here, I suppose.

>>> Your chapter II.5, according to the current ZCL structure, would
actually go in III.
If it is splitted, it can become:

III.1 Z Framework (or "the Zope Machinery")
     III.1.1 How to program Zope i.e. Zope Templates
     III.1.2 Main DTML tags (by someone else ?)
     III.1.3 Zope SQL Methods
     III.1.4 Zope External Methods (by someone else ?)
     III.1.5 Zope Python Methods (by someone else ?)
     etc...
What do you think ? Do other people agree ? Can you modify your drafts
accordingly ?

I will update ZCL tomorrow.

Cheers,
Kamon