[ZDP] Z Framework/Dev best practices

kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:47:57 +0100

Rik Hoekstra wrote:

>> III.1 Z Framework (or "the Zope Machinery")
>
>In light of earlier discussions on the Zope lists it would be very
>desirable to come to some sort of coherent picture of 'what to use
>when'.

I just saw that people have started the "Zope Product Guidelines" on
zope-dev. This is really for advanced users that understand Zope API's.
Maybe it could be added as an appendix to zbook ?
Now, I agree that we at zdp should work on a document like "Zope
development best practices" coming in the core of the book.

So to complete yesterday's picture:

III.1 Z Framework
     III.1.1 How to program Zope
            (Introducing the programming framework / I don't know if this
already exist)
     III.1.2 DTML Methods (including DTML main tags (Dody's material))
     III.1.3 SQL Methods
     III.1.4 External Methods
     III.1.5 Python Methods (Ask DC and Evan Simpson)
     III.1.6 Products
     III.1.7 ZClasses
     III.1.8 Mozilla XUL/RDF interface programming
III.2 Zope dev best practices
     Compare the different methods, which one to use when, etc...

Kamon