[ZDP] ZDP News Folders

Tom Deprez Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@village.uunet.be
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 20:24:58 +0100

Hi all,

I want to brainstorm with you all on the ZDP news folders. With the help of
the NewsFolder we can place everyware News updates.
However I think that we must be careful with placing lot's of news-pages.
I'm in for the idea that every project should have it's own newsfolder, but
we also should have a general news page (eg the stuff I'm now doing weekly)
and not more newspages.

So I thought on the following. Every project has a news folder (if needed)
and displays very specific detailed-news about the project.
The General news page contains links to these news pages, but also
summarizes news of every project, besides the more general ZDP news. Thus it
would be nice that every project maintainer sends me some update information
during the week, so that I can put these inside the ZDP Weekly News. Perhaps
this thing can be made more automatically, but I don't know a way yet.
Perhaps you know a way or you just think that this doesn't need to be done
automatically.

Suggestions?

Tom.