[ZDP] ZDP-Tools: Views

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:09:34 +0100

pfew Maik,

You've to read a lot isn't it :-)

>Tom:
>> Ok, I modified the ShowLists of Book/Part/Chapter, since the nickname is
>> used as part/chapter -number indicator we could aswell sort on this and
>> show the part/chapters accordingly.
>
>There are going to be problems later if we don't pay attention here. A
>subchapter should not have a nickname of I.1.1.1, or to say it differently:
>A Program should not rely on this for sorting of subchapters. Ultimately
>we need a Subchapter with the nickname 1, and all other chapters names
>above it are aquired, which is really cool. :-)

Yes, that's true, if somethings can be done automatically then it's better,
but how will you be able to do this automatically? Zope objects don't have
a strict order (only a creation order)... thus you can't insert objects (if
you want to add a chapter between 2 other). So, how are you being able to
make an automation numbering?

Tom.