[ZDP] ZDP-Tools: ZBook discussion

Maik.Röder roeder@berg.net
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:02:15 +0100

Hi !

Tom:
> >> Ok, I modified the ShowLists of Book/Part/Chapter, since the nickname is
> >> used as part/chapter -number indicator we could aswell sort on this and
> >> show the part/chapters accordingly.
> >
> >There are going to be problems later if we don't pay attention here. A
> >subchapter should not have a nickname of I.1.1.1, or to say it differently:
> >A Program should not rely on this for sorting of subchapters. Ultimately
> >we need a Subchapter with the nickname 1, and all other chapters names
> >above it are aquired, which is really cool. :-)
>
> Yes, that's true, if somethings can be done automatically then it's better,
> but how will you be able to do this automatically? Zope objects don't have
> a strict order (only a creation order)... thus you can't insert objects (if
> you want to add a chapter between 2 other). So, how are you being able to
> make an automation numbering?

Subchapters have a name like 1 and 2, so you can sort on nickname.

> Future enhancements (I'll look into it, need your comments) :
>
> 1. We should make views which enables to parse several chapters/subchapters
> into each other. This way a reader can ask for eg the whole part I. Part I
> is then showed with one click and as one text.

Just a combination of views from above. From Part combine views of chapters.

> 2. This would also allow to easely print it. Thus we make a way to only
> print the text (and not the whole ZDP layout with it)

Then from Chapters combine views from Subchapters and so on.

Tom Deprez schrieb:
> While adding my drafts to ZBook I came to this conclusion :
>
> Add a chapter
>
> give as id a contraction of the title
>   (better not a number like I first did, this will give problems
>    and when using a title you can move it easier, etc)
> give as name the title
> give as number the number of the chapter

id: does not matter as long as it is unique
name: Name can be as long as you want to
nickname: shorter than name because is is shown in the breadcrumbs

> give as id   : ? now I gave v100 (but perhaps it's better to use the date!)

Should only be unique.

> give as name : ? now I gaven v 1.0.0 (but perhaps it's better to use date
> in a certain format, like draft of monday, 1ste of ... )

Title of the document is best here.

> give as nickname : ? now I gave the same as v1.0.0 (?)

Can be something like "ZClasses v1.00" for example

Tom:

> Maik and Kamon,
>
> you both spook about the Portal Toolkit.
> Have you read some about it recently? I can't find something new about it
> on the Zope website.

Can't remember, but I think it was an announcement on the mailing list.

kamon:
> For the number, which format ? this (I.1) or just this (1) ?

Number: always 1, because I is aquired.

> I agree.
> So we use the method that was used for news items' ids ?

Can be done this way, yes.

Tom:
> For Parts we take I
> For Chapters, just 1

Yep.

> (we should make it so that Zope itself shows it as I.1)

Yep.

> euhm, I mist something, what method is used for news items id?

01/01/2022

Greetings,

Maik