[ZDP] ZDP content in Zope online help?

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Mon, 03 Jul 2000 00:58:09 +0200

Hi Amos !

Amos Latteier wrote:
> Now that Zope ships with an online help system and help content, I'd
> like to get ZDP content plugged into this system.
> The online help system can serve up remote content so it would be easy

In another frame, perhaps ?

> for example to have a ZDP help folder that dynically pulled content from
> the ZDP site into the help system. Then folks could in effect browse the ZDP
> portal from within the Zope help system.

So, you somehow need to make links from entries in the help system to
the ZDP Portals. For this to work, the help system needs to be enriched
by some meta information (community, subject, topic). Then it will be easy
to plug into the right ZDP cummunity portal/subject/topic.

> Probably the help system search could also be made to hook into a ZDP or
> other remote search.

In the ZDP portal you already have remote search, so you may want to use
that.

> There's probably lots of other interesting help system integration that
> could be done too.

People should be able to talk on each topic in the context of the subject
inside their community portal.

> Does this interest you guys? I'd be happy to offer technical assistance
> if ZDP folks want to make something like this happen.

The hard part is marking up your help content with the meta information
in the right way. Once the meta information is in there it is fairly easy
to come up with ways of integrating with the ZDP site. I would be
interested in helping to realize the ZDP side of this system.

Regards,

Maik

--
Open Source is "about being able to work together with people you've
never  met, on projects that  are in  a constant state  of flux,  on