[ZDP] Réf. : Re: [ZDP] Problem with the flat view for ZbookZbook

Maik Roeder roeder@berg.net
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 22:04:40 +0100

Hi Kamon !

kamon.ayeva@bureauveritas.com wrote:
> >From Maik's answer to my post on 03/01:
> >If there is a new version of a Draft, the old
> >version should either be deleted or get the "NeedsReader"
> >property set to "0". Then in the view you can check
> >for "NeedsReaders".
>
> We could work this way for the moment and see if it is effective and
> intuitive enough.

Ok.

> I tried to play with setting the "NeedsReader" field on my drafts under
> "Zope Security Features" chapter, but it does not seem to work.

Not unless you change the view to exclude drafts that have the
NeedsReader property set to 0.

> Alternatively, if I try to delete my two old drafts (that I do no more want
> to show), deletion does not work. (There is an error message related to
> some inexistant ID.) Does someone know this problem ?

The only workaround I know is this:

1. Create and enter a session
2. Delete the Catalog
3. Delete the Drafts
4. Undo the deletion of the Catalog
5. Commit the changes
6. Quit the session

> Another thing with setting the drafts is that: In EditInfo, I use the
> following convention:
> Name=title of the chapter (like: Zope Security Features)
> Nickname=contaction of name (like: zopesecurfeatures)
> I am not sure if others do it this way. Do you agree on such a convention.
> Is there already a document describing how to add drafts ?

There are generic descriptions on how to add documents to ZDP.
I think the generic descriptions are ok already:

"The Draft Nick Name is what will appear in the breadcrumbs of the page.
If the Name is long, then this should be shorter. If the name is short
then the Nick Name can be equal to the name."

A name like "zopesecurfeatures" is ok for the id, but for a nickname
it would be better to name the Draft "Zope Security Features" just
like the name.

> We need to provide how-tos for newcomers: How to contribute for Zbook, How
> to contribute to ZFAQ, How to contribute to Zsnippets...

Definitely. If someone could take this over, I could concentrate on
introducing a new role "Contributor", and changing the ZDP-Tools
to show people with this role a subset of the Manager actions.

Greetings,

Maik Röder