[ZDP] ZDPFAQ questions

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 21:35:59 +0100

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Maik Roeder <roeder@berg.net>
Aan: zdp@zope.org <zdp@zope.org>
Datum: maandag 6 maart 2000 12:21
Onderwerp: Re: [ZDP] ZDPFAQ questions

Hi Rik !

Rik Hoekstra wrote:

> Maik,
>
> I added a question to the FAQ. It is What is Zope, which I think should
> be the first question in the General section ;-)
> Is there a way to change the order in the FAQ, or rather, how is it
> determined?

The order is whatever the following returns:

<dtml-in "objectValues(['FAQQuestion'])">

We can introduce an order variable to an extra Property Sheet
on the questions, and determine the order by this:

<dtml-in "objectValues(['FAQQuestion'])" sort=order>

When you add a new Question somewhere in the middle, you will have to
resort all Questions which come after it manually. We could use
a snippet which does this job for you. Maybe a Python Method could
be used ? I think Zope should have a functionality for managing
the order, but I have not heard about something like this being
planned.

[RH] What about another ZClass View, called Order, which is added to the
Folderish Document Folders. It should be more or less accessible from an
order tab in the management interface of the Folderish section.
This could function more or less like the Views (I think) in the ZClass
properties, which also has a fixed order.
Normally a new instances gets added to the rear of the list. All orderlists
consist of a list of ID's and have a sequence in front of them. This
sequence may be changed by hand (they should be in form inputs), but you
should also be able to move an item by selecting it and press a button this
one up or this one first.

How does that sound?

Rik