[ZDP] local Zope Documentation

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin@texoma.net
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 12:57:28 -0600

Hello,

I too like local documentation. I think it would be wonderful if I could
have all Zope docs in a local Zope installation.

One of the first things I did was download all of the mailing list(s)
archives and import them into Netscape so that I would have all of that
valuable information locally available.

It would be great if also the available docs, how-tos, guides, etc. had
a centrally available, hierarchically organized page they could be
easily browsed to and viewed or retrieved. Something as central and
important as documentation should not require a search engine to find.

I think it would also be nice if the source code was also in this
documentation tree. So that some of the documentation could hyperlink to
the relevant source when describing it's functionality and use.

If all of this was available for a download and import, woohoo! :)

Later,

Jimmie Houchin